|Room 2.48, Continuing Education Centre, APB Building|
|Dk Hjh Norakmarul Ihsan|
|Programme Leader, UniBridge|BEC|
|+673 2463001 ext 2704|
The UniBridge programme will:
- Provide a clear route into Universiti Brunei Darussalam’s Bachelor degrees.
- Provide specially-designed modules related to the academic field intended to be studied at undergraduate level.
- Provide a range of study and communication skills to enable students to succeed in undergraduate study.
- Improve overall English proficiency and ability to use academic English appropriately and effectively at undergraduate level.
- Introduce students to a university educational system and its academic culture.
OUTLINE OF PROGRAMME
In UniBridge, you are required to take a minimum of four modules or accumulate a minimum of 16 modular credits. It is comprised of three core modules and at least one optional module:
Core Modules (12 Modular Credits)
|CU-0201||Introduction to University Studies||4|
|CU-0202||Developing the Skills of Academic Literacy||4|
|CU-0203||Developing the Skills of Academic Numeracy & IT||4|
Optional Modules (Minimum 4 Modular Credits)
|CU-0301||Business & Management for University Study||4|
|CU-0302||Health Sciences for University Study||4|
|CU-0303||Arts & Social Sciences for University Study||4|
|CU-0304||Sciences for University Study||4|
|CU-0305||Warisan Brunei Darussalam untuk Pengajian Universiti||4|
The optional module determines your intended degree programme. Nevertheless, you are encouraged to take up more than one optional module to broaden your academic choices.
Upon successful completion of UniBridge, and subject to fulfilling the requirements of faculties, you are able to apply for admission to Universiti Brunei Darussalam’s Bachelor degrees - Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Health Science, or Bachelor of Science (excluding all twinning programmes).
For local students (Brunei citizens and Permanent Residents), the programme will charge B$500 per module. For international students, the programme will charge B$700 per module. The University will also charge students an additional amount of B$120 for registration and other administrative costs.
Fulfilling the entry requirements does not guarantee entry into Universiti Brunei Darussalam’s UniBridge programme, as admission into the programme is competitive and limited, and subject to availability of spaces.For in-service candidates, their entry to UniBridge and the degree programmes will be subject to the approval and requirements of their respective offices and the Public Service Department.
Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications in order to satisfy the general requirements for admission :
- 120 points for two passes at GCE 'A' Level and minimum grade D: OR
- 120 points for three passes at GCE 'A" Level or equivalent in relevant subjects; OR
- An international Baccalaureate with score of 24 points; OR
- 1 pass at GCE ' A' Level or equivalent with at least 3 years of full-time work experience: OR
- 4 credit at GCE 'O' Level or equivalent with at least 5 years of fill-time work experience; OR
- A minimum overall grade C (50%-64%) for Laksamana College of Business' BA Common Year 1 graduates; OR
- Diploma in Education from UBD of at least 3 years of study and at least a Pass
Applicants must also have:
A credit in English Language of GCE 'O' Level or a grade C in IGCSE English as a Second Language or an IELTS overall score of 6.0 or a TOEFL overall score of 550.
- A credit in Mathematics at GCE 'O' Level or equivalent for intended entry in to the Bachelor of Business programme.
- 3 passes of minimum Grade D at GCE 'A' Level or equivalent for intended entry into the Bachelor of Health Science programme.
- Successful performance in an interview or test (if required).
- Interested In-Service applicants are also required to meet the requirements of their respective offices/departments and the Public Services Department.
- Applicants intending to apply for the Government scholarship to study in the Bachelor degree programme must also obtain a credit in GCE O-level Bahasa Melayu.
- Short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview or an entrance test set by the concerned faculty.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please complete three sets of the UniBridge Application Form (Deadline Submission: September 25th, 2014)
Completed application forms with requested documents and certified copies of certificates / result slips should be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Student Records, Mezzanine Floor, Chancellor Hall, UBD.
In-service applicants and applicants from the Private Sector must submit their applications through their respective Heads of Departments / Sections / Units / Companies.