The FPT-UBD Innovation Lab training program is an intensive sixteen weeks full-time and part-time software development training supported by FPT, the largest IT enterprise in Vietnam.
The training will start from enhancing fundamental software development concepts and progress to intermediate and specialized skills through various projects. Finally, the participants will be involved in a major group project.
- An intensive sixteen weeks software development training.
- Full-time participants will spend five days a week and seven hours a day in the lab.
- Part-time participants will take the blended learning approach with two days a week and seven hours a day in the lab.
- Project based training by expert industry mentors.
- Flexible training roadmap to suit different levels of programming experience.
- Learn and apply latest information technologies.
- Opportunity to work on real world projects from the industry.
- Improve teamwork skills in software development projects.
- Be inspired with ideas for innovations.
- Certificate of completion.
The training is open to any interested person who has sound foundation in Mathematics and has basic programming experience. This programme is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). The participants will need to have their own laptop.
- Internship students with desire to maximize their learning experience during internship.
- Graduates with desire to advance their software development skills for job readiness.
- Technopreneurs with desire to acquire skills to deploy in their innovations.
- IT staff with desire to upskill themselves.
- Introduction and enhance technical Foundation
- Setup learning environment
- Programming assignments
- Specialisation in:
- Multiplatform Mobile App Development: This lab focuses on developing truly cross-platform, iOS and Android apps. You will learn about UI development and layout support and access the mobile platform's capabilities. You should have already knowledge of the Object Oriented Programming before proceeding with this lab. At the end of this course you will be able to (a) Build mobile applications targeting multiple platforms with a single codebase, (b) Leverage your one of mobile frameworks skills, and (c) Use various features of framework to build truly cross-platform mobile applications.
- Big Data: Do you need to understand big data and how it will impact your business? This lab is for you. You will gain an understanding of what insights big data can provide through hands-on experience with the tools and systems used by big data scientists and engineers. You should have already knowledge of the Object Oriented Programming before proceeding with this lab. Previous programming experience is not required! You will be guided through the basics of using Hadoop with MapReduce, Spark, Pig and Hive. By following along with provided code, you will experience how one can perform predictive modeling and leverage graph analytics to model problems. In the final Project, developed in partnership with data, you'll apply the skills you learned to do basic analyses of big data.
- Cybersecurity: The Cybersecurity Specialization covers the fundamental concepts underlying the construction of secure systems, from the software to the human-computer interface, with the use of cryptography to secure interactions. These concepts are illustrated with examples drawn from modern practice, and augmented with hands-on exercises involving relevant tools and techniques. Successful participants will develop a way of thinking that is security-oriented, better understanding how to think about adversaries and how to build systems that defend against them.
- Game Development: This lab is intended for beginning programmers who want to learn how to program games using game development platforms. You should have already knowledge of the Object Oriented Programming before proceeding with this lab. The lab assumes no programming experience, and throughout topics in the lab you'll learn how to program games. In the final project you'll implement your own small game from requirements of the project to full implementation.
- UBD/FPT students: USD350 / BND500
- Students from other higher education institutions: USD460 / BND650
- Other full-time participants: USD700 / BND1000
- Part-time participants: USD400 / BND570
Fees can be paid in monthly instalments for Bruneians, subject to approval by UBD.
The next session of the training will be conducted from 6 August to 24 November 2018
FPT-UBD Innovation Lab
Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
Jalan Tungku Link, BE 1410,
Please complete and submit the preliminary application form online. Limited places available. Application deadlines:
- International applicants: 22 June 2018
- Local applicants: 30 June 2018
Upon acceptance of your application, you will be required to complete and return a UBD Non-Graduating Application Form and further instructions for payment will be given.