The UBD Centre for Advanced Research (CARe) was set up in 2013 with the following objectives:
- To identify and develop several research areas of relevance to public policy and with enormous potential to make important contributions to the well-being of the citizens of Brunei
- To produce high quality research that can contribute to social policy and the public.
- To develop high quality, longitudinal, comparative datasets in niche areas such as social indicators, family, ageing, health, youth, poverty, crime, and others identified as relevant for Brunei Darussalam
- To serve as a Social data resource centre for the country
- To build linkages and develop collaborative projects with renowned survey research centres on the international level
- To design, develop and provide high quality training to graduate students and research personnel from the public and private sectors
Centre for Advanced Research
Universiti Brunei Darussalam
Jalan Tungku Link Gadong, BE1410
Siti Aziemah Binti Osman
Assistant Work Officer I
+673 2463001 ext. 2359
While the focus of the CARe is social research, it strongly supports and encourages multi-disciplinary research such as energy, scentific and medical research that may have a great impact on Bruneian society. One such example is the ongoing collaboration between CARe, the PAPHRSB Insitute of Health Sciences and Kagawa University on Rare Sugars as a healthier alternative to help tackle the issue of obesity and diabetes.