The UBD Graduate Research Scholarship is a competitive scheme awarded to quality PhD students with a strong desire to work in an international and competitive research-intensive environment. The UGRS will prioritise funding for high impact research within the priorities of UBD and Brunei including (but not limited to) Energy, Biodiversity, Data Analytics, Asian Studies, Islamic Studies, Catalysis, Sensor Technology, Tourism, Herbal Medicine and International Comparative Education. UBD is committed to opening doors to the brightest students to work among and network with our researchers to enrich their experience and equip them with the skills to maximise their talents.
- Has a Master Degree OR at least a First Class Degree in relevant field recognised by UBD Senate.
- Able to demonstrate English Proficiency
- A high quality and impactful research proposal and able to demonstrate good academic track record.
- Fit to pursue studies in the area of choice.
- Tuition fees including registration and acceptance fee at the Universiti Brunei Darussalam will be waived.
- A subsistence allowance of Brunei Dollar 1,500.00 per month for 36 months.
- For candidates not residing in Brunei Darussalam, one incoming and outgoing economy class return air ticket will be provided, from (upon accepting the scholarship) and back to home country (upon completion of study).
- Allowances for field research (Brunei Dollar 3,000.00 for per Science PhD candidates and Brunei Dollar 1,000.00 for Arts and Humanities PhD candidates).
- Visa fees will be included in the scholarship for candidates.
Application can be made with application for admission through our online admission system (OASys) webpage