UNIVERSITI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
If you are exceptional, highly motivated, proactive, dynamic and a leader, you are welcome to apply for the position of General Manager,
Simpur Restaurant and Mini Mart in Da Nang, Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Simpur Restaurant is a Bruneian-Asian Halal restaurant owned by Universiti Brunei Darussalam and is located in a strategic area of Da Nang facing the Han River. It can accommodate up to 30 guests over 3 floors and is open daily from 10am to 10pm. There is also a mini mart located in the building. At the moment, staff of Simpur Restaurant consist of 1 accountant, 1 admin assistant and 2 chefs. There is also opportunity for interns to be deployed to the restaurant.
The General Manager is expected to manage the Restaurant and the Mini Mart which include but not limited to:
- Supervision, training, care and welfare of staff;
- Management of restaurant budget, presenting regular financial reports as well as assessing and improving profitability and keeping statistical and financial records;
- Menu planning and overseeing stock and inventory and ordering supplies;
- Ensuring compliance with local authority licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation and Brunei halal requirements;
- Promoting and marketing the business, handling customer enquiries and complaints, managing reservations, greeting and advising customers;
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and setting targets and in turn continuously improve the running and development of the restaurant;
- Always in the lookout for new opportunities and as a result is expected to propose new ventures and strategy.
- Bruneian citizen or Permanent ResidentEducated to degree level and/or equivalent in a relevant area. A degree in hospitality management industry or a related field is an advantage.
- Proven track record of successfully operating a restaurant or similar establishment at a senior level is expected with significant experience of managing team/s to deliver services. Previous experiences as General Manager / Hotel Manager with similar market segment is an advantage.
- Ability to think strategically, critically and constructively, and able to negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Well verse in the sharia compliance and requirements of Halal Certification of Brunei Darussalam
- Well rounded and progressive leadership experience with a Sales and Marketing and Revenue management.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Melayu.
Facilities and benefits:
General Manager will received the following facilities and benefits:
- Salary equivalent of B$5,400 per month
- Medical coverage and insurance for the contract period
- Passage to and from Brunei Darussalam to Da Nang, Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Other facilities and benefits will be informed in detail to the successful candidate.
Contract term of two years. There will be an initial 6 months probationary period within the 2 yearcontract.
How to apply?
Download the P1 application form here and submit the completed form with your CV, your photo, a scanned copy of your Brunei I.C and your academic certificates [Degree and Masters only] by email to email@example.com .
Closing date: 7 December 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.