UNIVERSITI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for the position of ASSISTANT PROJECT OFFICER for the Office of Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Innovation and Enterprise).
- Work closely with Information Communication Technology Centre (ICTC) on the development of any management system or website in support of research and innovation and to continuously provide and update the content as well as to ensure that all the information posted are correct. In addition, the Assistant Project Officer will be trained in utilizing Google Scholar or Scopus to ensure that staff publication profile is continuously updated online.
- Develop, streamline and improve work processes in innovation and enterprise by implementing Information Technology (IT) and lean practices.
- Assist Director of Innovation in the design and development of Innovation Gallery Showcase.
- Assist in the operational processing and filing of patents such as payment process, update patent status, consultancy process and liasing with outside organizations such as BEDB and BrulPO.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of any trainings/workshops/events related to innovation and enterprise.
- Minimum Higher National Diploma or Advance Diploma holder or equivalent - a qualification that demonstrates and requires high level of usage and proficiency in technology is preferable. Higher qualification is an advantage.
- Competent and fluent in written and spoken English as well as Bahasa Melayu.
- Good interpersonal skills with pleasant personality.
- International experience/exposure, through work and/or education would be an advantage.
- Willingness to do what is necessary for the success of Universiti Brunei Darussalam including working after normal office hours when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Literacy in Windows-based computer application.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must have driving license.
Term for 2 years. There will be an initial 3 months probationary period within the 2 year contract.
The appointed Assistant Project Officer will receive a monthly salary from B$1,990.00, as well as annual salary increment, TAP and SCP contribution, and annual bonus.
How to apply:
Download the P1 application form here and submit the completed form with your CV, your photo, a copy of your Brunei I.C and copies of academic certificates to Administration and Human Resource Office, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Jalan Tungku Link, Gadong BE 1410, Negara Brunei Darussalam.
Closing date: 30 November 2017
Incomplete submission of application details will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.